Specialized Veterinary Care for the Pets of the Poconos
Barton Heights Veterinary Hospital offers a wide-variety of preventive, diagnostic, and treatment options for your pets.
Whether you are seeking preventive veterinary care or are requiring help returning your dog or cat to excellent health, we will work with you to establish a health plan to assure your pet lives the longest and most comfortable life with you.
Our veterinary services include:
- Pet preventive health—The most cost-efficient way to keep pets healthy, promote longer life, and increase the overall well-being of your dog or cat is to provide him or her with regular preventive health care. We recommend annual or biannual physical exams, dental cleaning, annual blood work, regular vaccinations, annual screening for parasites, and the use of high-quality pet foods.
- Pet dental care—Just like humans, pets benefit from regular dental hygiene. From brushing at home and using dental chews to regular veterinary cleanings, our hospital can provide you with the tools and assistance you need.
- Veterinary surgery—Our facility is equipped with the latest in monitoring technology so that our veterinarians can closely track each animal’s vital condition during surgery. Our vets perform routine surgeries such as spays, neuters, declaws, and lump removals as well as soft tissue repair. In addition to our general veterinary practitioners, Barton Heights Veterinary Hospital has a specialized, board-certified, veterinary surgeon available for more challenging cases such as back surgeries, cruciate repairs, and more involved abdominal surgeries.
- Veterinary orthopedics—Fracture repairs, back surgeries, knee repairs, and hip surgeries as well as other orthopedic procedures can be done at Barton Heights Veterinary Hospital. Our veterinary surgeon is one of very few veterinarians in the region who have been trained in the most current cruciate repair surgery procedures—TPLO or Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy.
- Veterinary internal medicine—When unusual or serious diseases affect pets, it is important to have highly qualified veterinarians and staff and a facility that is equipped with state-of-the-art technology. We are committed to the specialized training of our staff and the continual upgrading of our technologies so that our internal medicine abilities are exceptional.
- Digital X-ray and ultrasound—In order to provide higher quality imaging, we upgraded to digital X-ray. This technology allows us to more easily detect areas of concern on a pet’s X-ray images. We can also electronically send the X-rays to other veterinarians or specialists for consultation. Our ultrasound capabilities allow us to assess the functioning of organs such as the liver, kidneys, bladder, and heart. We can also check for pregnancy and screen for cancer with this non-invasive tool.
- In-house laboratory—With our in-house laboratory, we can efficiently diagnose numerous conditions including Lyme disease, feline leukemia, thyroid issues, the presence of internal parasites, and numerous types of imbalances in blood chemistry.
- Pet dermatology and allergy testing—For pets that may have skin conditions, Barton Heights Veterinary Hospital can conduct skin and allergy testing to provide much needed relief and healing.
- Laser therapy—Laser therapy is a procedure that can speed recovery in veterinary surgery patients as well as in aging pets dealing with arthritis. Dramatic results and extended quality of life has been reported by families who have used laser therapy for their pets.
- Veterinary oncology—Our veterinary hospital offers oncology options for pets battling cancer. Chemotherapy treatments can be administered here as well as biopsy procedures and many kinds of mass removals.
- Medical boarding—Families of pets who have health issues can find it difficult to be away from home for extended times. Barton Heights Veterinary Hospital offers medical boarding so that your family can be assured the correct medical attention is being given to your pet while you are away and your pet will be in a safe and attentive environment.
- Pet end-of-life care—As fellow pet owners, our staff understands the special bond that exists between pets and the families who love them. The impending loss of a pet can be stressful and difficult decisions may have to be made. Our hospital staff is here to help you through that process.
- Pharmacy—With a full-service, in-house pharmacy, Barton Heights Veterinary Hospital provides its clients with all necessary pet medications, from antibiotics to thyroid medications.