A Few of Their Favorite Things: Holiday Gifts for Pets
The shopping season has begun in earnest, and regardless of whether your pets have been naughty or nice this year, we’re guessing they are on your shopping list. Before you hit the stores for Black Friday, or settle in on your couch for Cyber Monday, allow us to make some suggestions for fun and useful holiday gifts for pets.
Healthy Holiday Gifts for Pets
The following ideas make it easier than ever to keep your pet’s ongoing wellness at the top of your list:
- Help them stay hydrated with a circulating water fountain to increase interest in water, or a collapsible water bowl for those long walks or hikes.
- Slow feeder bowls or food puzzle feeders keep pets from gulping their food, which reduces the risk of bloat and other digestive troubles.
- A new pet toothbrush and pet-safe toothpaste may not be exciting for your pet, but the health benefits are truly a gift that keeps on giving!
For the Active Pet and Pet Owner
Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean our pets should be slowing down. Keep them active and interested with these products geared toward pet health and wellness:
- This cat exercise wheel is a fun way for indoor kitties to stay active.
- A dog treat launcher puts a creative spin on classic fetch.
- The FitBark Dog Activity Monitor keeps 24/7 tabs on your pet’s activity level and helps you to make improvements in areas such as weight loss.
A brand new collar and a shiny ID tag are classic holiday gifts for pets, but why not take it up a notch and have your pet microchipped as an added safety measure? Don’t forget to register the chip with your current contact information, and to update it whenever you move or change phone numbers.
The Gift of Comfort
Who doesn’t need a little extra comfort in their life? Your pet probably won’t turn down any of these cozy offers:
- A Thundershirt or other compression-based device to help an anxious pet stay calm (with a money-back guarantee).
- An orthopedic or heated pet bed can keep the senior pet in your life comfortable and reduce pain from arthritis or other joint issues.
- This unique cat nap cocoon is the cutest way to help kitty stay toasty all winter long.
What’s under the tree for your pet this year? Let us know the next time we see you at Barton Heights Veterinary Hospital!